- The bulk of Chinese production is dominated by large base metal producers and/or smelters/refiners. Silvercorp is an exception and is a Canadian company, so we bundle it into North America;
- Russia has several companies listed in New York and London as well as RTS – most of them primarily gold and/or base metal miners;
- Kazakhstan has few larger publicly traded companies (Kazakhmys in London) – none of which make primary silver plays;
- Same for India, Indonesia and Turkey. Morocco may produce a silver play in the near future if efforts of May Gold and Silver (TSX-V: MYA) are successful;
- Chile has no primary silver mines with the exception of Kinross’ La Coipa, which once again, makes a poor silver play – the remainder of silver comes from primary copper and gold mines buried in large companies such as Codelco.
Click here to go to the The Prudent Investor homepage for more interesting posts.